- Login and edit this page.
- Enter your News story in box below.
- Push the "Publish" button.
- Continued below ...
- Now, reload this page and your news story should show up in the "remote widget" below. (After you clear your browser's cache!)
Warning: Two non-problems:
- Browsers cache files like the znews.html file that shows up in the widget. Next time the browser needs that file, it gets it from the cache to save time. If the file has changed, too bad, you will see the old cached version. Remote viewers will experience little if any problem. The news publisher can over-come this problem by learning about 3 keystrokes to clear the browser's cache manually. It looks like there is a way to prevent the publisher from needing to do this, but it will probably take 2 -- 8 hours to get it working.
- The formatting looks different in the publisher's window than in the widget window. This is because the publisher's window above is embedded in this Drupal page and Drupal uses CCS to modify the meaning of standard HTML. The widget shows standard HTML. Once the publisher's window is installed in a plain HTML page, the publisher will see standard HTML, and the two will look the same
Here's the Remote News Widget:
<iframe src="http://zfacts.com/giz/G28/znews.html" style="border:2px solid #900; width:400px; height:100px;"></iframe>
The Publisher's Setup:
The publishers web page will need to install a "<div>" for the news-entry box followed by a second one that contains the Publish button. The HTML for those is the following: