Backup with Drupal and C-Panel
Move and Duplicate sites with unix:
To transfer files:
scp local-file-name carbonomics.org:new-file-name
This is a "Get" version that worked: scp email@example.com:file ./
The command that duplicated old zFacts: time wget --limit-rate=600k -m -k -K -E http://zfacts.com -o log
Backup with Drupal
- How: Configuration / System / Backup & Migrate or click here
- What: This just backs up the MySQL DB (to the drupal server) in
- Where: /home/carbonom/public_html/private/backup_migrate/manual
Backup with C-Panel
- Start C-Panel ( see Google spreadsheet "Computer Notes" tab=Web Sites)
Choose: Files / Backups:
- Backup Home Directory (all Drupal except MySql) 160MB, Sept. 2011
- Download to: MyDocuments / ! Web / Drupal Backup / Date
- Backup MySQL dbase. Very small
- Click: Modules / Update tab / Check the boxes / "Download these updates" button
- Configuration / Development / Performance / Clear Cache click here
Update Drupal Core (minor, e.g. 7.5 to 7.7)
- Download the tar.gz file
- upload it to Home/carbonom and unpack it with the C-panel / Files / Extract to publich_html. It will land in it's own folder.
- Make a drupal_old folder and copy .htaccess and the six drupal folders (but not /sites).
- .htaccess has been modified a lot, but setting.php in sites/default/ has not been modified.
- Some instruction in google sheet: ComputerNotes / Drupal on how to get through setup if necessary.
Overview of what's needed:
- Replace the drupal code folders: includes, mis, modules, profiles, scripts, themes.
- Replace the files in public_html except for .htaccess
- Replace /sites/default/default.setting.php (this is needed)
- Don't replace the rest of the stuff in /sites
- Perhaps go through drupal set up and tell in the MySQL dbase name, owner, passwd