Nearly 40 years ago in Arkansas, Hillary Clinton began her public service. Since then her record has been impressive as this brief outline shows. Her accomplishments in these endeavors have been substantial. You can read details here: Clinton’s Record of Accomplishments, Daily Kos
Here’s a summary of how Hillary has served this country:
- After graduating from Yale law school, worked for the Children’s Defense Fund with teenagers incarcerated in adult prisons in South Carolina and families with disabled children in Massachusetts.
- Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977
- Became the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation, in 1979
- Led a task force whose recommendations helped reform Arkansas’s public schools, from 1979 – 92
- Led the failed effort to enact the Clinton health plan of 1993.
- Helped create programs for children’s health insurance, adoption, and foster care in 1997 and 1999
- Elected US Senator from NY in 2000, (only First Lady ever ever elected to office)
- Re-elected to the US Senate in 2006
- Secretary of State from Jan 21, 2009 until Feb 1, 2013
- She gave $17.6 million to charity in 2014 & ’15 from her speaking fees. Yes, the Clinton foundation gets better ratings than the Red Cross, United Way and Care USA.
The Result of Her Accomplishments is Endorsements:
The obvious: President Obama, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders
Labor unions: UAW (Auto workers), AFL-CIO, AFT (teachers), AFSCME (state, county, municipal), SEIU (service employees), USW (steelworkers), UFCW (food) and 34 others.
Environmental groups: Sierra Club, Natural Resources Defense Council, (EDF is making a really stupid mistake and should be boycotted.)
Papers: NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Arizona Republic, Dallas Morning News, Dallas Voice, El Paso Times, Charlotte Observer, and many more
50 GOP Foreign Policy Officials won’t vote for Trumps
On Aug 8, 2016, 50 prominent Republican foreign policy and national security experts who have signed a letter denouncing Trump’s run for President and pledging not to vote for him. They have served under Nixon, Reagan, G. H. W. Bush and G. W. Bush.
Because she’s respected by Republicans and because of her accomplishments as Sect. of State, many of these officials are endorsing Clinton. And they said of Trump:
- He is not qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief.
- He would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.
- He lacks the character, values, and experience to be President.
- He would be the most reckless President in American history.
Despite the record levels of opposition mounted by the Republican Party against Obama’s Cabinet appointments, Clinton won confirmation as secretary of state by a vote of 94 to 2. There are countless stories indicating that Republican’s who have worked with Clinton like her and admire her. They only trash her in public for political reasons.