Quora: Is Trump a white supremist Almost a complete post.
Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
Clinton’s speech on the Alt-Right (full text, Aug 25)
From March 2012 to August 2016, Steve Bannon was executive chairman of Breitbart News
Bannon, an ex-Goldman Sachs banker
From Clinton’s Reno Speech: Some of Trump’s Alt-Right Nonsense:
- Obama is not American — born in Kenya.
- “The Mexican government forces many bad people into our country.” (False)
- Said of Mexican immigrants “They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” (Quote)
- A federal judge born in Indiana — “He’s a Mexican.” Paul Ryan: “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”
- Retweeted @WhiteGenocideTM” twice. He’s a pro-Trump neo-nazi. Trump spread his message to 11 million people. (TPM)
- Tweeted a Star of David calling Clinton “Corrupt candidate ever” imposed over a sea of dollar bills. – that first appeared on a white supremacist website. (PolitiFact)
- Selected a white nationalist leader as a delegate in California. (CNN)
- CNN asked: Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke (former Grand Wizard of KKK)? Trump: “I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists.” He had discussed both many times previously. (WashPo)
- CNN’s Blitzer asked: “But the anti-Semitic death threats that have followed…” Trump interrupted. Blitzer continued, “Supposed fans of posting these very angry—but your message to these fans is?” Trump: “I don’t have a message to the fans.” (Atlantic)
- “I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.” Next day he said, “”It was on television. I saw it” (Politifact, Politifact)
- Strongly suggested Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy (PolitiFact, “pants on fire”).
- “ISIS is honoring President Obama.” “He is the founder of ISIS. He is the founder of ISIS, okay? He is the founder. He founded ISIS.” (Politifact)
- Said to radio host Alex Jones, “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down.” Jones claims that 9/11 the work of the US government and that the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre were child actors and no one was actually killed there.
- Trump likes to say he only hires the “best people.” He hired Stephen Bannon as campaign CEO. Here are some headlines Banno published at Breibart.com:
- “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy.”
- “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?”
- “Gabby Giffords: The Gun Control Movement’s Human Shield”
- “Hoist It High And Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage.” (shortly after the black-church Charleston massacre inspired by the confederate flag)