I’m very glad to be voting for Hillary Clinton and not just against Donald Trump. She has a vision for this country that’s backed up by well thought-out, specific plans to make our economy and government fairer. Her ambitious and popular policy agenda covers education, health care, environmental issues, and jobs. Clinton is for gun control, equal pay for women, and the Paris climate-change agreement. (Yes, she believes in global warming!)
A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for all these good policies.
A friend and Clinton supporter just told me she didn’t know how to answer people who asked “What would Clinton actually do as president?” Of course that depends on if Democrats retake Congress and how obstructionist the Republicans will be but here are a few things easy to explain. Clinton will work her heart out to make these happen:
- Debt-free college for everyone
- tuition-free Community colleges
- Defend and expand the Affordable Care Act
- Reduce drug costs
- Defend access to reproductive health care
- Expand Medicare and
- Modernize (not privatize) the Veterans’ health care system
- Invest in clean energy and conservation
- Cut billions in oil and gas tax loopholes
- Launch a $60 billion Clean Energy Challenge for states, cities, and rural communities
Jobs and Wages:
- A $275 billion infrastructure plan for roads, airports, internet, water systems etc.
- That’s the biggest since the 1950s
- A $12/hr minimum wage, and support the “Fight for $15.”
- Stop countries like China from abusing trade rules and reject trade agreements that don’t meet high standards
- And of course, equal pay for equal work
- Reduce taxes on working families and increase taxes those making over $5 million per year
- Close corporate and fat-cat loopholes
Government: Not bigger, just better. Hillary Clinton understands government and that it is essential to the prosperity of this country.The White House controls thousands of appointments for the officials who actually run the government. She will appoint competent people that want to make government work — the exact opposite of what Trump would do.
A “Thrilling Possibility”
Hillary Clinton has always emphasized policies focused on families and children, but has a deep understanding of everything from labor unions to foreign policy. And she is incredibly committed to bringing about real change. That’s a thrilling possibility for all Americans.