On Tuesday (July 5) Trump praised Saddam Hussein: “He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn’t read them the rights. They didn’t talk. They were terrorists. Over.”
Did he forget something?
Trump put only one Al Qaeda person in jail, and then let him go. The “terrorists” he killed were just his political opponents. There just weren’t any Al Qaeda in Iraq back then. This is who he really killed.
- He killed about 50,000 Kurds. He repeatedly gassed them. They are our main allies on the ground fighting ISIS in Syria and our most reliable allies on the ground in Iraq.
- He killed about 1,000,000 Iranians. On 22 Sept 1980 he just invaded Iran to get more territory and oil. He also lost 25 — 50,000 Iraqis.
- He Killed about 1,000 Kuwaitis. On 2 Aug 1990 he took over Kuwait, caused 300,000 refugees and set about 700 oil wells on fire.
- He attempted to assassinate G. H. W. Bush. In mid April 1993, Iraq attempted a car-bomb assassination of Bush and Emir of Kuwait. Clinton retaliated with 23 Tomahawk missiles against the Iraqi intelligence headquarters.
- He sheltered several terrorist organizations in Baghdad. These included the Palestine Liberation Front and Abu Nidal, which attacked twenty countries including the US, killing or injuring almost 900 people.
- In April 2002, Saddam Hussein increased from $10,000 to $25,000 the money offered to families of Palestinian suicide/homicide bombers. The rules for rewarding suicide/homicide bombers are strict and insist that only someone who blows himself up with a belt of explosives gets the full payment.
Saddam is just one of Trump’s five favorite dictators.
Libya and Gaddafi
“I can’t believe what our country is doing,” said Trump on his video blog. “Qaddafi in Libya is killing thousands of people, nobody knows how bad it is, and we’re sitting around we have soldiers all have the Middle East, and we’re not bringing them in to stop this horrible carnage and that’s what it is: It’s a carnage.” Trump said Libya could end up one of the worst massacres in history, and it would be very easy to topple Qaddafi. “You talk about things that have happened in history; this could be one of the worst,” he said. “Now we should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick. We could do it surgically, stop him from doing it, and save these lives. This is absolutely nuts. We don’t want to get involved and you’re gonna end up with something like you’ve never seen before.”
General global democracy assessment & Trump WashPo 2016-08