Carly Fiorina shot into the spotlight after the GOP debates, even though she didn’t make it to the top 10 but was relegated to the second tier of candidates. Sure, she came across better than the swarm of others at the podiums but let’s take a closer look at her track record:
- She has not served as CEO since her firing from Hewlett Packard in 2005. (HP stock rose 7% the day she was fired.)
- She nearly destroyed the company with her layoff formulas and disastrous purchase of Compaq.
- She tired to buy vastly overpriced Pricewaterhouse Coopers consulting business for $18 billion, but was stopped by Wall Street. It later sold to IBM for $3.5 billion.
- And she lectured Obama on how to negotiate!!
- She benefited enormously: $100M (a $65 million signing bonus and a $21M severance).
- She lost to Barbara Boxer in the 2010 senate race by 10 points and has never won an election.