Mrs. Clinton has put forth an ambitious and broadly popular policy agenda: family and medical leave, continued financial reform, improvements in the Affordable Care Act, investments in infrastructure and scientific research, measures to tackle global warming and improve air and water quality, and so on.
Nearly 40 years ago in Arkansas, Hillary Clinton began her public service. Since then her record has been impressive as this brief outline shows. Her accomplishments in these endeavors have been substantial. You can read details here: Clinton’s Record of Accomplishments, Daily Kos
Here’s a summary of how Hillary has served this country:
- Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977
- Became the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation, in 1979
- Led a task force whose recommendations helped reform Arkansas’s public schools, from 1979 – 92
- Led the failed effort to enact the Clinton health plan of 1993.
- Helped create programs for children’s health insurance, adoption, and foster care in 1997 and 1999
- Was elected senator from New York (the first female)in 2000, and the only First Lady ever to have sought elective office
- Was re-elected to the US Senate in 2006
- Served as United States Secretary of State for the Obama administration, January 21, 2009, until February 1, 2013
- Right-wing attacks
- Left-wing attacks