On Aug 8, 2016, 50 prominent Republican foreign policy and national security experts who have signed a letter denouncing Trump’s run for President and pledging not to vote for him. They have served under Nixon, Reagan, G. H. W. Bush and G. W. Bush.
“None of us will vote for Donald Trump.”
Their letter includes the following points. Donald Trump:
- is not qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief.
- would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.
- lacks the character, values, and experience to be President.
- weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world.
- appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution.
- has little understanding of America’s vital national interests.
- compliments our adversaries and threatens our allies and friends.
- has shown no interest in educating himself.
- Despite his breathtaking lack of knowledge, arrogantly claims that he understands foreign affairs and “knows more about ISIS than the generals do.”
- he would be the most reckless President in American history.
Michael Chertoff, Sect. of Homeland Security
Tom Ridge, Sect. of Homeland Security
Michael Hayden, Four-star General, Director of CIA, and of National Security Agency
Robert B. Zoellick, Counselor of the Dept of State under George H. W. Bush
John Negroponte, Deputy National Security Advisor under Ronald Reagan
Robert Blackwill, Deputy Asst. Sect for Political-Military Affairs under Ronald Reagan
and 44 others